It is a ..... BOY!!!! Elliot Joseph surprised us a few days early by making his way into this world. He weighed in at 8 lb 15 oz, and was 21 inches long. He has been a surprise since we found out we were expecting him and was no exception when we went to the hospital and found out I was 3 cm dilate and 90% effaced and we were having a baby 5 days earlier than we had planned.
On Thursday May 10, I was having sporadic contractions all day, but figured I had just done to much that day, as I was running around like crazy trying to get everything done before I was to have my scheduled section on the 17th. That night the contractions got pretty regular but never lasted long and never got stronger. When I went for my scheduled appointment on the 11th she said I showed no progress and gave me some medicine to help me sleep if they started again. Well, that night they started again and hurt like the dickens. I was up all night in pain, however I had never experienced labor before so I didn't know how "regular" contractions were supposed to get. Finally by that morning they got farther apart but much more intense so I told Eric we needed to go. My mom got here about an hour later to watch Avery and Noah and we left for the hospital. I brought my purse and Eric brought his blood sugar meter. We did not expect to be admitted at all. Imagine out shock, when the nurse checked me out and told us we were having a baby today. Things moved pretty quick after that and at 11:02 we were introduced to our newest little man.
 |
| To us he is just perfect. He looks just like his brother and sister did as newborns, except he is larger. |
 |
| First days, snuggling with Daddy in the hospital. |
 |
| Same picture I have of Eric with the other two. Such a remarkable Daddy he is. |
 |
| Sweetness! |
 |
| First glimpses of our littlest man. |
 |
| Obviously so happy to be out of Mommy's belly. |
 |
| Weighing in at almost 9 pounds. |
1 comment:
Congrats, Roans!! He is beautiful (no surprise there!)!
Post a Comment