Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas at Gammy and Poppy's

The day after the wedding we went to Poppy and Gammy's for Christmas with them and the Duffy's. Noah was excited to be with his family and to be able to open presents.

Funny story. Poppy and Gammy were nice enough to give us there bedroom for the weekend since we had to get up with Avery in the middle of the night. The first night Avery was in the pack and play and Noah was in the bed with us. Notice, I did not say Noah slept in the bed with us. Noah tossed and turned all night long. He would try to talk to Eric and I. He would randomly count things in the bedroom. He would poke us in the face while pointing out our eyes, nose etc. He did it all except sleep. Needless to say, Eric and I didn't get much sleep that night either. The next night, Noah was moved to another bed where he slept for about 14 hours straight, which he should have done since he had 4 late nights in a row between the rehearsal, wedding, visiting family and Christmas.

I just wanted to document this story to remind myself why Noah does not and will not sleep in our bed.


Ready to open his present. Since everyone would say "Oooh look what you got Noah," by the end of the day he would tear off a tiny piece of paper and say "Oooh, look what Noah got".


He loved all of his presents, but I think he had the most fun bringing the trash to Uncle Micha. He would start to get a little cranky and we would hand him some wrapping paper and he would run to Micha and put the trash in the trash bag.


Poppy and Fammy and all their grandkids.


MeMaw and Baby Avery. I think we figured out she was great grandchild number 13.




Bright eyes after his full night of sleep.


Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus




Baby girl sleeping through the festivities.



Klaire showing Noah his picture on the Christmas tree.

No comments: