Sometime around March, Eric surprised me with a cruise for our 10th Anniversary. We both highly anticipated the time where we could relax, and do what WE wanted without the kiddos. We ate when we wanted for as long as we wanted. We slept when we wanted for as long as we wanted and we played when we wanted for as long as we wanted. It was wonderful and I am so very appreciative for the vacation.
We had a balcony room and we could see as far as could be any time of day. The water was beautiful and the view was spectacular.

I am not so fond of this picture above, but wanted to highlight the wristbands and note that we had some pretty rough seas at times, but those wristbands really helped. They were not all that fashionable, but it really didn't matter because I got to feeling bad until I put them on and then felt good enough to enjoy my cosmo at the ships martini bar.
I was amazed at how much entertainment the cruise ship had. Sunday night we went to see a comedian that was very funny, and we played bingo and watched a couple shows other days.
Our ship made two stops, in Progresso and in Cozumel. Progresso didn't have a whole lot to do, but we did get off the ship and walk around the port. We found this little bar, that had writing all over the walls, floor and bar. People had signed and dated everywhere. On the back wall of the bar, an LSU and Saints flag were hanging. Little pieces of home all the way in Mexico.
Water was gorgeous the whole trip once we got out of the Mississippi River.
Bartender in Progresso sporting his LSU hat.
We had to sign our names too.
After we walked around in Progresso a bit, we got back on the ship and it was fairly empty which was nice. Eric took this opportunity to do the ships waterslide. Here is his final descent.
Drinks before Dinner.
Carnival thinks of everything. We got seranaded with a Happy Anniversary song during dinner. Very nice although quite embarrassing.
In Cozumel we did an excusion. We went to a private beach and enjoy water sports, all you can drink and Mexican buffet. It was the best day of the trip. Very fun and very relaxing. You can see the kayaks, water bikes, water trampoline and iceberg in the background. We had fun on the trampline and Eric climbed the iceberg. I attempted it and got pretty far, but it was just to much work for a short slide down, so I gave up.
Enjoying our relaxing day on the beach.
After we got off the bus from our beach excursion, we got attacked by some natives. HA, kidding. They we singing, dancing and posing for pictures in the street. I am not sure what the one guy is doing to my stomach, but I hope it was innocent. 
Tall table and chairs in front of Three Amigos bar right before we got back on the ship.
Aren't we cool. We had to get balloon hats at Three Amigos. Everyone else was doing it... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Cozumel had pretty water too.
Our ship.
Our last "Fun Day at Sea" we just enjoyed the sun, the entertainment and our last day of just each other.
View from the back of the boat.
Drinks before dinner again.
Ummm....
We were a little upset to have found this guy on our last night. He was in the main Lobby bar and he played great music and was very friendly. We enjoyed him both before and after dinner. If you are ever on the Carnival Triumph see if he is there. He is great and also educational. He knows lots of trivia about the music he sing.


No comments:
Post a Comment