Wednesday, March 30, 2011

4 and 5 months

I seemed to have missed Avery's 4 month post and now she is 5 months old. I just can't believe it. She is a joy to have, and brings such happiness to our little family. As good of a sleeper as Noah has always been, I think this little girl has got him beat. She goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up between 8 and 8:30 without making so much as a peep at night. She then cat naps about 9:30 or 10 for a half hour, again at 11 or 11:30 for a half hour, will wake for a bottle and then go back down at 1:00 for a 3 1/2 hour nap. I think she got my genes on that one. So far she has had green beans, peas, carrots, apples, pears and peaches and seems to like them all. She makes a face when you stick something new in her mouth but then eats the whole jar usually. She also will scream and scream when done with a bottle or a jar of food. I think she would keep eating as long as you keep feeding her. She must have gotten my genes on that too. She is mostly a happy baby as long as she isn't sleepy then she is a total bear. She smiles all the time and when she does it is with her whole face. I love her smile so much. She is particularly fond of her brother and lights up when he comes near. He is really good with her, and likes to make her smile and laugh. She can roll from back to front but can't go the other way yet. This is odd because most babies go front to back first. Oh well, she will do it when she is ready. She will sleep on her back for most of the night, but at nap time will automatically roll onto her belly. Her 4 month stats are 13 lb 3 oz. Her length is 24 1/4 inches and her head is 16 inches around. All of her stats are in the 50th percentile so she is smaller than Noah was, but she seems to have grown alot in the past few weeks. I need to weigh her and see what her 5 month stats are. I have been slacking on the picture taking lately but here are a few pictures of her last Sunday. Noah loves to hold her. Couldn't get a good picture of them both looking at the camera but this is pretty good. Little man really needs a hair cut though. There is that whole face smile that I just love. He was giving her a hug and she was eating it up. She is a very ticklish baby. Oh, and true to form, what little hair she did have seems to have fallen out. Even her spike is gone, which is sad. I am even farther away from being able to put a bow in her hair. Ugghhh!!! No teeth yet, but she is a chewing and drooling fool. She loves to be outside with us in her walker. Noah just carts her around with him so she doesn't feel left out.

No comments: